30 December 2016
Food and Agricultural Product Markets Monitoring and Evaluation Committee Convened
The Food and Agricultural Product Markets Monitoring and Evaluation Committee (the Committee) met under the presidency of Deputy Prime Minister Mehmet Şimşek. A summary of the agenda and decisions made is given below.
- The progress registered so far regarding the Early Warning System, which is projected to be established to support stable supply and price formation for food products, was evaluated. The Committee decided that studies on the establishment of the system would be conducted under the coordination of the Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey and the Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Livestock and within this scope, works on the technical infrastructure would be completed as soon as possible.
- The Ministry of Customs and Trade presented information on taking logistical measures to reduce product loss rates, strengthening the producer organizations, and regulating competition conditions in wholesale and retail trade and the detailed action plan was reviewed.
- An evaluation was made of the application principles on flexible foreign trade policies which will work in tandem with the Early Warning System, safeguard the sector’s interests, and step in, when necessary, to stabilize the supply and prices of food products.
- A presentation was delivered by the authorities of Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality to set an example for the studies that can be conducted by local administrations.
- The agenda and the work schedule of the Committee were reviewed.
For further information, please contact Press Secretary Yücel Yazar.
Food and Agricultural Product Markets Monitoring and Evaluation Committee Convened - 30/12/2016, (2016-62)
Phone: 0 (312) 507 56 56