THE REPRODUCTION AND PUBLICATION OF ILLUSTRATIONS AND IMAGES OF BANKNOTES
(Announced in Official Gazette dated 24/2/2004 no: 25383, pages: 86-89)
Pursuant to the 4th Article of the Law on the Currency Unit of the Republic of Turkey dated 28/1/2004 and No:5083; specifications for size, color, material, resolution, wording and other similar issues sought in the reproduction and publication of illustrations and images of banknotes currently in circulation, or withdrawn from circulation, or to be put into circulation are defined as follows.
a) The size of the image; or
b) The material(s) and technique(s) used to produce it; or
c) Whether or not elements or illustrations have been added to the image that do not originate from banknotes; or
d) Whether or not the design of the banknote, such as letters or symbols has been altered.
“One-sided reproduction” refers to printing only one side or both sides of a banknote on a single side of the surface area used.
“Two-sided reproduction” refers to printing both sides of a banknote on the both sides of the surface area used, so as to complement one another, as in the banknotes.
Reproductions complying with the following criteria shall be deemed lawful:
1) One-sided reproductions of a Turkish banknote, provided that the size of the reproduction is at least 125 percent of both the length and width or at most 75 percent of both the length and width of the respective banknote; or
2) Two-sided reproductions of a Turkish banknote, provided that the size of the reproduction is at least 200 percent of both the length and width or at most 50 percent of both the length and width of the respective banknote; or
3) Reproductions may be done in conformity with the original banknote size, or in different sizes, if the printing is made on a material other than paper (for example on a metal); or
4) The resolution of the electronic reproduction in its original size must not exceed 72 dpi (dots per inch); and
5) (*) In reproductions in electronic form, the expression “ÖRNEKTÝR GEÇMEZ” or “SPECIMEN” must be printed diagonally across the reproduction in Arial font or a font similar to Arial font. The length of the expression “ÖRNEKTÝR GEÇMEZ” or “SPECIMEN” must be at least 75 percent of the length of reproduction, and the height thereof must be at least 15 percent of the width of the reproduction. The characters must be written in a non-transparent (opaque) colour contrasting with the dominant colour of the respective banknote. In two-sided reproductions, the abovementioned expression must be printed on both sides.
This Decision shall enter into force on the day it is published in the Official Gazette, and shall not be valid for printed reproductions and publications done before such date. Non-printed reproductions done in electronic form must be made fit for this Decision within three months after its enforcement date.
Dimensions and dominant colours of banknotes that are currently in circulation and of those already withdrawn from circulation are shown in the Table 1. The features of banknotes to be issued from now on will be announced when they have been put into circulation.
(*) Amended and announced in Official Gazette dated 13/10/2004, no: 25612, page 48.